Upon recommendation of Kickstarter’s blog post, I am submitting The Ideal Relationship Project for consideration to become a “Staff Pick.”
In a tweet: The Ideal Relationship Project is an arts-based, community initiative aiming to create 100 portraits, and collect the subjects’ ideas about what makes an ideal relationship into a self-published book.
The Process: 3 Easy Steps
- Each subject is asked to describe his or her ideal relationship in no more than two sentences and submit an image they would like to see rendered.
- The portraits are portrayed in a uniformed style that incorporates a mandala form, intended to promote mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing.
- A process note in the form of a video and blog entry is created for each completed portrait as well, and posted to the project’s website.
Sample process video (more videos):
5 Reasons To Pick This Project
1. It taps into a pervasive issue.
- 41 percent of first marriages end in divorce.
- 60 percent of second marriages end in divorce.
- 73 percent of third marriages end in divorce
And of those surviving marriages, according to The Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy, nearly 50 percent of married women and 60 percent of married men will have an extramarital affair at some point in their marriage. What about singles? According to AshleyMadison.com, nearly 30% of women pursuing married men are single themselves, and the percentage for single men pursuing married women is on the rise. It would seem there is an increasing avoidance of long-term commitment. Why is that?
2. It could help solve the issue.
As a Registered and Board Certified (ATR-BC) Licensed Creative Arts Therapist (LCAT) with nine years of clinical experience, I can tell you, of all the problems in the world, the most poignant and motivating are those that begin at home. And how can you solve a problem, if you don’t know how to identify it? There are three basic steps to the Law of Attraction: ask, believe, and receive. Before the Universe can give you your heart’s desire, you must be sure of what you want and how to articulate it.This project encourages participants to do just that, in a concise manner.
3. It’s community oriented.
This is an arts-based community project, aiming to encourage personal insight, spread the wisdom of healthy relationships, and provide a positive experience for participants. The long-term goal—should The Ideal Relationship Project be successfully funded—is to turn it into an intergenerational project.
4. It’s an engaging, multimedia campaign.
The Ideal Relationship Project offers frequent and ongoing written, visual, and audiovisual content in its rewards, Kickstarter updates, and campaign strategies. Backers are invited to participate on a personal level throughout the fund raising process—and they want to help! As evidenced by our “All Purpose Postcard Campaign”(exploring off beat uses for postcards; from the practical to downright silly), and our “Quick Quotes Campaign” (15 second short videos of the process and our participants’ feelings about it) our backers are invested in the success of this project.
Check out Naraly’s video as an example (more videos):
5. It’s been well received.
Our project has gained celebrity attention, and is on an upward trend financially, after only one week of fundraising.
- Tech guru Sashca Segan tweeted his 16K followers that our project is exemplary of Kickstarter principles.
- Internet sensation Nathaniel Knows, used our postcard in his promotional materials, and shared it with his 30k followers.
- Celebrity psychiatrist, Dr. Amen—a frequent guest on The View, The Larry King Show, CNN, Dr. Oz and others, with a long standing show on PBS—endorsed and shared our project on his social media (156K followers on Facebook).
- Within the first week of fund raising we raised 44% of our total goal.
- Additionally, our rewards are tiered in an affordable manner, and every pledge has a physical reward attached to it. From a $3 postcard, to your own digital portrait, to a copy of the book itself, every participant walks away with a momento.
- Despite the availability of low cost rewards, the average pledge ranges between $60-65, indicating our backers place a high value on our concept and product.
As a “Staff Pick,” The Ideal Relationship Project would become increasingly visible on the website, and allow a larger number of participants to enjoy the experience our project has to offer. Help us help our backers manifest the love they want!
Thank you for your consideration.
Briana MacWilliam MPS, ATR-BC, LCAT
Project Manager/Creative Arts Therapist